Inspiration from Melissa

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Perfect Princess


So my kind cousin lent me this set to play around with and i came up with this darling invite... thinking ahead a bit for my girl's b-days! ;) Very simple to do:
Start w/ sheet 5 1/2" X11" and then score from each end 3 1/4" for your fold. Then cut a corner off each side so you make the 'V'! tip:I cut one side and then trace it on the other side so they are the same! To make sure it all stays together snug, i used sticky strip and put it WAY on the bottom edge.
Then for your inside piece(invite), my base of soft suede was 4 1/4" X 5" and then you can layer up from there according to how you like it!
This size fits right into the standard envelope snuggly but it works!
The belly band i made was just a 11"x 2.5" strip that i scallop punches and then wrapped it around, add a layer of soft suede to tie it all together.
On the invite part i stamped the crown in soft suede and then lined w/ my 2 way glue pen and dumped on the glitter for my 'wow' factor! I also added to the word 'princess' on the front~

supplies~
paper: cameo coral, soft suede, whisper white
ink: soft suede, cameo coral
stamps:Perfect Princess, Really retro(for the 'you're invited')
tools:wide oval, scallop oval punches, scallop edge punch, 2 way glue pen, blender pen(to color part of the crown), sponge(for inking the edge in soft suede)
accessories: dazzling diamonds, stampin dimensionals(300 in a pack for only $3.95)


Don't forget to personalize!! These cool stamps can be found on p.136-137 in the big caty!

3 comments:

  1. OK, like I said before, we need to live closer to each other! You have such amazingly cute/awesome cards! I have some of those stamp sets and now I am going to make some based on your cute designs this week! Thanks so much for the ideas! You have some awesome ideas! Thanks also for helping with my birthday gifts! I am super excited about everything, and just a little overwhelmed on what to do with everything! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks Katie! u make me smile and your kind words are an encouragement to keep creating! ;) Take one thing @ a time w/ all your new stuff! and like i said b4 ... have any ?'s... please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute invite! Glad you are having fun with the set! I would love to see a cute girl b-day card or something? (No pressure!)

    ReplyDelete