Inspiration from Melissa

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clean and Simple Medallion


Hello to you all on this very dreary day here in IA! Perfect day for me to hole up in my stamp room while the girls are napping! I've said b4 that this stamp is my fav but isn't this layout fantastic!? As a demo, every month we get a magazine called Stampin Success that has ideas in it and this particular card was made by Kay Kalthoff(fellow demo from MN) and she won the clean and simple challenge last month! I changed up a few things, colors and words for the sentiment but layout was all hers! Thanks Kay! This just makes me feel FALL in the air!

supplies:
paper: close to cocoa, really rust textured , very vanilla
ink: close to cocoa
stamps: medallion, 'friend to friend' is from pocket silhouettes, 'leaf' is from Autumn Days(i stamped the leaf off 2X b4 i stamped it on my very vanilla paper)
tools: scallop edge punch
accessories: vanilla hodge podge hardware(i don't have this punch so i just traced the INSIDE of the shape w/ pencil on my very vanilla paper and then snip, sniped around the edges about 1/8" bigger, and it doesn't have to be perfect bc you cover it up anyways!) Stampin dimensionals(make sure you pop that paper up b4 you put on your hodge podge so it fits nice and snug to the frame)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card! lol! and the friend to friend sentiment is a cute substitute for the Bella's Bloom sentiment. Thanks for the compliments and for sharing your version!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALISSA VAN MEETEREN10/1/09, 4:11 PM

    Melissa, every day your cards amaze me. You have a gift girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete